Central Banks in Cameroon. List of Best Commercial Banks in Cameroon. List of Local Banks in Cameroon. List of American Banks in Cameroon.
This article looks at Cameroon's local, central, and commercial banks. Banks in Cameroon are usually Commercial, International (e.g., American banks), or National banks. Bicec Bank was considered a national bank in the early eighties before being sold to a Moroccan banking entity.
Central Banks in Cameroon
There are two African currency unions associated with multinational central banks; the West African Banque Centrale des États de l'Afrique de l'Ouest (BCEAO) and the Central African Banque des États de l'Afrique Centrale (BEAC). Members of both currency unions use the CFA Franc as their legal tender, Cameroon inclusive.
Nowadays, these banking institutions in Cameroon allow users to open bank accounts for free. These banks also provide their users with ATM cards (Visa and MasterCards). Visa Cards open the possibility to purchase goods and services online using PayPal, Payoneer, Perfect Money, etc.
See Also: Types of Bank Accounts in Cameroon.
List of Best Commercial Banks in Cameroon
The table below summarizes the comprehensive list of the best ten (10) commercial banks in Cameroon:
List of Local Banks in Cameroon
Below is the complete list of local banks in Cameroon:
- Afriland First Bank
- Atlantic Bank Cameroon (Banque Atlantique)
- Banque International du Cameroun pour l'Epargne et le Crédit (BICEC)
- BGFI Bank Cameroon
- SCB Cameroun
- Crédit Communautaire d'Afrique Bank (CCA Bank)
- Commercial Bank of Cameroon (CBC)
- Ecobank Cameroon
- United Bank for Africa (UBA)
- National Financial Credit Bank (NFCB)
- Société Commerciale de Banque du Cameroun - (Formerly SCB Credit Agricole)
- Societe Generale des Banques au Cameroun (SGBC)
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Union Bank of Cameroon (UBC)
List of American Banks in Cameroon
US-based banks or American banks which are present in Cameroon are enumerated below:
- Citi Bank US.
See Also: How to Open a Bank Account in Cameroon.