UBA Student Bank Account: Limit and Interest Rate. How to Create a UBA Student Account? (Open). How Much Does it Cost to Open UBA Student Account.
Creating a UBA Student Bank Account is indispensable for a college student. The UBA account, be it a current or savings account, has some limits and interest rates.
The Student Savings Account from UBA is called the NextGen account. This bank account is an interest-generating account that facilitates the inclusion of students in the country's financial system. It helps the student develop a culture of savings while earning interest.
List of Countries With UBA Group Subsidiary Banks (Names)The UBA bank is present in twenty-three (23) countries viz:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Burkina Faso,
- Côte d'Ivoire,
- Sierra Leone,
- Congo Brazzaville
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo
How to Create a UBA Student Account? (Open)
To open a bank account with UBA, you just need to go to your nearest UBA branch.
Get the documents listed below and fill out the account opening form and ask to meet a bank account manager:
- A valid means of identification, e.g., National ID Card, Passport
- 2 photos (4X4)
- A photocopy of a valid CNI
- Location plan or utility bill (three months maximum)
- Taxpayer's Card or Attestation.
- Proof of student status, e.g., a valid student card/badge or a valid tuition payment receipt.
How Much Does it Cost to Open UBA Student Account?
The cost of creating or opening a UBA Student account opening fee is 1000 FCFA ($1.7). This sum constitutes the initial deposit in your new account.
What Are the Benefits of a Student Bank Account?
With the NextGen Savings Account from UBA, students will have the opportunity to save while enjoying the benefits of partnerships to bring more value to their daily lives.
- A convenient way to save
- Get attractive interest on savings.
- Minor documentation and easy access to financial products
- The fundamental source of capital for future personal investments
- Access to electronic products at reduced prices (e.g., debit card and SMS alerts.)
Read Also: Investment Opportunities in Cameroon.
Eligibility of the UBA Student Bank Account
UBA Student Account is exclusively for students between 18 - 25.
UBA Interest Rates
Interest rates in banks are set by the central bank of the country. The interest rate of UBA is currently 2.45% per annum.