How to Track a Lost Mobile Phone in Uganda (Missing/Stolen). How to Track a Lost Mobile Phone and Number in Uganda?
Tracking a lost mobile phone is a daunting task in Uganda. No one likes to lose an Android phone or iPhone nowadays. Not only are these devices expensive, but they also carry vital and sensitive data.
Smartphones have turned into a must-have device in our modern world. Unfortunately, that also means that phones getting stolen or lost have increased tremendously, especially in Uganda.
This article will teach how to track a lost phone in Uganda.
What is Phone Tracking?
Phone tracking is the process of knowing your phone's location from a remote location.
The phone is tracked by a unique system to know its exact location. The phone sends a signal to the nearest mobile tower, stored in the service provider's database. For this to take place, the phone needs to be turned on.
Furthermore, mobile phones can easily be tracked with the Global Positioning System (GPS). With the assistance of third-party apps, a phone can be tracked easily.
Thieves or robbers have stepped up their game in recent times. They wipe off your identity and all the loopholes that may be open.
However, there are some back doors that you and the competent authorities can exploit to get back your phone.
The modern technological revolutions have made it really simple to track devices that have also been switched off.
Therefore, this is not an issue at all.
How to Track a Lost Mobile Phone and Number in Uganda?
If you have lost your phone in Uganda, you should do the first thing to report the incident to the nearest police station, and you will be issued with an abstract.
Additionally, the Ugandan police will be able to provide further assistance.
It is truly devastating when you lose your phone. It is even more stressful if you have to track it.
It is nearly impossible to track a lost mobile device.
3 Ways to Track Your Phone In Uganda
However, in today's age of technology, you can easily track your device or someone without a detective's need. You can do it by yourself using a smartphone and an internet connection.
These are the three ways to track a phone in Uganda:
- By using Android Device Manager
- By using IMEI Number
- By using Built-in Solutions and Access - Phone Tracking
1. Android Device Manager (ADM) -Find My Phone
You can easily track your missing phone provided that your lost device is connected to a google account, internet access, and the location is on.
How to locate or track your lost phone:
- Go to android.com/find on your PC or another mobile device.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Select a particular mobile device you are searching for if you have more than one.
- You will be presented with the approximate location of your lost device.
- Choose one of the following options: make it ring even if your device is set to silence, and Lock the device with a PIN password or pattern even if you did not have one set before.
- You can write a message on the lock screen. For example, you can write, "please call this number if you have my device."
- Finally, you can choose to Erase all the data on your device for security reasons.
However, if your device was off, ADM can only tell you the last place your device was seen. You can also use a similar feature on Apple devices to find your iPhone.
2. Use IMEI Number - Track Phone Number Location
How to track a lost phone in Uganda using IMEI:
- Go to the device setting and enable the location services.
- Switch on the mobile data or Wi-Fi services.
- When logged in, access the Google device control panel to ring the phone, lock the phone, or erase it with a click according to what you like.
- When logged in, reach your device using IMEI. The map will appear on the page pinpointing the location of the device.
- Lastly, it is advisable to always write down your IMEI number somewhere safe or save it somewhere where you can easily retrieve it when your phone gets lost.