Many Mtn Subscribers find it difficult to send mobile money to all networks in the country. This is a step by step guide on how to perform this (easy)
It is Possible To Send Cash to a non-MoMo user
Many Mtn Subscribers find it difficult to send mobile money to all networks in the country.
Orange Cameroon also operates its mobile money service, but there is still a lack of interoperability between Orange Money and Mtn Mobile Money.
So In this tutorial, we will show you how to transfer money from your Mtn mobile account to someone who is on another network other than Mtn.
How To Send Mobile Money From Mtn MoMo To All Networks
- Dial the code * 126 #
- Select "1" for "money transfer."
- Select "2" for "to a non-MTN number."
- Enter the number you want to send money to.
- Enter the desired amount.
- Choose a secret code, which your recipient will use to make the withdrawal.
- Enter your secret Mobile Money Pin to confirm the transfer.
- Once the mobile money transaction is confirmed, you will receive an SMS containing an OTP.
- You should send the OTP or One Time Password to your recipient, together with the secret code. Note that the receiver will not receive this SMS.
How Will, The Recipient, Collect The Money Or Make The Withdrawal?
- Your recipient can only make the withdrawal in a licensed MTN point (agency or kiosks)
- He or she needs to present his or her ID Card/Passport and the pieces of information (OTP and secret code) sent by you.
Note: See the updated MoMo Transfer Fees HERE