How to apply and get driver's license in Cameroon (ultimate guide). Driver's license categories in Cameroon. Cost to get driver's license in Cameroon
Driving in Cameroon requires an individual to apply and get a driver's license. This driver's license is valid in the whole CEMAC zone.
How To Apply And Get A Driver's License In Cameroon
- Register and take driving lessons in a recognized driving school in Cameroon.
- Go to the Delegation of Transport in your locality or Office to apply for a driver's license.
- Pay the relevant fee before submitting the document.
- Fill out the application form with the correct information on your National ID Card.
- Submit the completed form along with all other required documents.
- Check the official dates for the driver's license examination.
- Sit in for the exam and pass the theory part of the test.
- Sit for the practical part of the exam and pass the test. You are only eligible for this test if pass the theory test.
- Receive a temporary certificate that states you pass the theory and practical test. This is what you use while awaiting the definitive issuance of your driver's license. If one-month passes and you have not gotten your driver's license, the temporary certificate will be renewed every month until you receive your license.
What is the Validity of a Driver's License in Cameroon
A driver's license in Cameroon is valid for 10 years. This license is issued by the Ministry of Transport.
What Are The Required Documents To Apply And Get A Driver's License In Cameroon
- A Medical certificate issued less than three months
- A 4X4 passport-sized photo of the applicant
- A Completed and stamped application form (The Stamp costs 5000 FCFA)
Minimum Age To Get A Driver's License In Cameroon
- Category A (Motorcycle): sixteen (16) years old
- Category B, E, and G: eighteen (18) years old
- Category C, D, F, and special permits: twenty one (21) years old
How Much Does It Cost To Get A Driver's License In Cameroon
A driver's license in Cameroon costs 30000 FCFA only.
This fee is broken down as follows:
- The application fee for a license and examination costs 20000 FCFA.
- The issuing price of the driving license is 10000 FCFA
Validity OF A Driver's License In Cameroon
- Category A, B, and C are valid for 10 years.
- If the individual is 55 years or older in categories A, B, C, and D, then the license is valid for 5 years.
- If the individual is 60 years or older in categories C, D, and E then the license is valid for 1 year.