PayPal Sri Lanka Available: How to Open or create a verified account, Fund, Receive money and withdraw money from Paypal Sri Lanka to bank account.
Is PayPal Available In Sri Lanka?
Yes, the PayPal Sri Lanka Service is now available. Creation of personal and business PayPal accounts are free of charge. No bank account or credit card is required.
Does PayPal Work In Sri Lanka?
Yes, PayPal works in Sri Lanka. PayPal Sri Lanka makes it possible to fund and receive payments from your online businesses and overseas (e.g. US, Europe).
Creating a Sri Lanka verified PayPal account is a frequently performed task by every Sri Lankan looking to buy online in Sri Lanka.
How To Create a Sri Lanka Verified PayPal Account in 2022? (Open and Fund)
This article aims to guide you on how to open a Sri Lanka verified PayPal account and fund it using a MasterCard or Visa Card.
It is not news that PayPal now accepts Sri Lanka after initial years of them not being supported.
But there was a limitation, you can not yet withdraw from it. You can only receive funds and use the money to pay for goods and services online.
What is PayPal?
PayPal, among many other online payment solutions, and services (such as Payoneer), is one of the largest worldwide online secured payment systems.
PayPal, as a multi-national e-commerce business, makes money transfers and flexible payments online.
With PayPal payment services, you can send and accept money without the hidden risk of your financial details been compromised.
This advantage of PayPal makes it the most secure and accepted online payment platform in the world.
Below is how you can open a verified Sri Lanka PayPal account and fund it here in Sri Lanka with your Rs MasterCard or Visa Card.
Sri Lanka Verified PayPal Account 2021
This section has two sections. Here you will learn how to open a Sri Lanka PayPal account and how to get it verified. You are about to get your own Sri Lankaian PayPal accoun
How To Open or Create a PayPal Account in Sri Lanka?
Here is how to create your Sri Lankan PayPal account in 2021:
- Using your web browser, visit www.PayPal.com.
- Click on the sign-up button.
- Choose Sri Lanka from the “Your country or region” drop-down menu and click on the 'Open an account' button under the type of account you want to open (individual or business account).
- Solve the captcha code to confirm that you are human. Enter the displayed text into the box provided and click on continue.
- Next, Input your correct Sri Lanka phone number and confirm it to proceed.
- Input your credit or debit card details. Make sure your billing address is the same as the address associated with your bank account and proceed.
- Now, click on confirm to create your PayPal account in Sri Lanka.
Note: At this stage, your PayPal account is yet to be verified on PayPal Sri Lanka.
How to Get Sri Lanka PayPal Account Verified?
To get a verified PayPal account in Sri Lanka, you have to link your Sri Lanka PayPal account to one of your active credit or debit cards. You can then link it to more cards after.
Here is how to verify your Sri Lanka PayPal Account:
- Go to your email inbox to verify your email address. You should see a message from PayPal.
- Open the message, and click on login to access your unverified PayPal account.
- Click on 'Get verified' around the top left corner of the page under My account >> Status.
- Look for an option that says link credit or debit card and click on it.
- Fill in your credit or debit card details and Submit.
- Your card will be charged the Sri Lankan rupee equivalent of $1. Do not worry, it will be returned to your account once your account has been verified. You will receive a message from your bank after like two hours, depending on the bank.
- Immediately you see the message, go back to your PayPal account and click on confirm credit/debit card enter the four-digit number under transaction location immediately after PP* and continue.
- Click on My Account, then you should see verified under Status where you use to see Get verified.
- Congratulations, you now own or possess a verified Sri Lanka PayPal account.
How do I fund my PayPal Account with my Sri Lanka Rupee MasterCard or Visa Card?
- You can fund your Sri Lanka PayPal account by linking your bank's Credit or Debit Card in Sri Lanka to your PayPal wallet.
- This account is just for sending money and shopping on websites like eBay, Amazon, Gearbest, and Aliexpress. Do not worry about funding it with cash.
- Any transaction you make with it will be charged on the credit card you link to it.
Note: If you see an error message while trying to link your card, close the tab and open PayPal.com in another tab and try again. You will no longer see the error message.
That is all you need to do to own a Sri Lanka verified PayPal account.