How To Get a Taxpayer Identification Number Online in Cameroon For Free (Matriculation number) & attestation of taxpayers registration (taxpayers card
What is a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)?
The Taxpayer Identification Number (UIN), which is also known as the Unique Identification Number (UIN), is a 14 alphanumeric code used to track taxpayers (individuals or businesses) by the tax administration.
Before, the taxpayer identification number or TIN could only be obtained manually at Cameroon's regional tax office. However, today a TIN or Immatriculation number is obtainable online at no cost or for free.
Nevertheless, this procedure is only possible between 7 pm, and 7 am. Note that the taxpayer system is not yet functioning at its full capacity. Hence, it can take individuals or Cameroonian citizens up to 5 days to register and obtain an attestation of taxpayers' registration.
How To Obtain or Get a Taxpayer Identification Number Online in Cameroon For Free? (Taxpayers' Card)
- Using your web browser, Go to the website of the Directorate General of Taxation
- Click on 'Télédéclaration' and follow the accompanying instructions.
- To proceed, you need to make sure that you are not a registered member of the portal.
- Click on "Create Account" and choose the option "I Have Not Been Registered."
- Choose between the option 'individual' or 'corporation.'
- Fill In The identification number of the corresponding document used (Identity card for individuals who do not have a business or a business registration number for registered companies). Note that this document needs to be scanned and uploaded.
- Enter the location of the taxpayer and the location of the nearest tax centre
- Also, input the email address and telephone number.
- After filling the form, you obtain an attestation in the A4 format to export the file as a PDF. Also, print or store the document to use as evidence of your registration. This document is known as your taxpayers' card.
Retrieving an Attestation of Taxpayers Registration Online In Cameroon
In the event you already have an attestation of taxpayers registration:
- Click on "Verify a UIN," enter the UIN.
- Tap on "Edit Attestation."
- You will obtain an attestation in the A4 format.
- Store the attestation as a PDF or print and store.
Wrapping It Up
A taxpayer's Card is a very important attestation for individuals and businesses in Cameroon. We are happy it is now possible to get an attestation online.
Are you facing any difficulties? We can help or assist in you obtaining a TIN. Let Your thoughts be known below.